Friday, April 9, 2010

Day 40: Falling off the weight wagon: Or Weight is what broke the wagon

How have you been doing with your weight loss? Have you hit a plateau? Have you totally given up? Are 
you still forging forward with determination that those extra pounds are not going to get the best of you?


Easter was a little difficult for me. While I managed to avoid eating any potatoes or corn, I think I overate when it came to the ham and pork roast. I stuck with my salad and didn't eat the rice that tempted me
with its tantalizing look and smell. I guess I will have to see after the weigh-in on Monday if I have been doing okay or not.


I did slack off on my water drinking for a couple of days and even though I CAN eat peanuts, I don't think I should have eaten 30 of them.


Transformations are difficult. The important thing is to not get so discouraged in our attempts at weight
loss that we give up and "fall off the wagon" so to speak.


When I was a child I used to tell people to "wait" all the time. That was when my mom told me that
"wait broke the wagon." I didn't get it until I was a little older and realized the meaning of the 
"wait/weight" she was talking about.


Today I feel fat. I don't want to feel this way...it just is.


I have been working this week on portion control, although I must admit that it is extremely difficult for me to limit the amount I eat. It has been relatively easy to modify what I eat...although I really miss rice
and bread and potatoes. Once I can teach myself to limit my intake, I think I will slowly be able to add
some of those "forbidden" foods back into my diet. I just have to remember that eating too much of them was what got me into trouble in the first place.


This coming week in the Independent News Herald, I hope you will enjoy my article on Super Snacks that help boost your mood.


ALS 5k/10k run walk in memory of Dick Becker


If you are looking for an activity to do this month, why not consider joining an expected 300 people to the 4th annual Run 4 Research for ALS better known as Lou Gerig's Disease. The event will take place
at the Becker farm near Browerville. You can get more information at the following link or stop in at 
Konetzko's in Browerville to register. The run/walk takes place on April 25. You can run or walk and
can follow a 5k course or a 10k course.
To receive additional information or to pre-register for this event, phone (888) 672-0484 or check out our website at http://www.alsmn.org (click on events/Third Party Community Schedule of Events).


Have a great weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment