Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day 59: Making it Happen

I was feeling a little down for the past couple of weeks. I didn't feel like I was starving or anything, but I just felt like all this "healthy" eating was more of a pain in the rear than a good way to be healthy.

I felt fatter and thought there was no way that I was losing weight.

In fact, I stepped on my scale at home and it told me in no uncertain terms that I had gained back nearly everything I had lost. Talk about a blow to the ego! I was about ready to throw in the proverbial towel when it occurred to me that even if I had gained everything back, I was still feeling much healthier and that had to count for something.

I don't know if it was water weight or what, but when I went to the weigh-in on Monday, April 26, I had, in fact, lost 2.5 pounds. I was thrilled because I was fully expecting the scale to register a gain.

Overall, everyone is still doing very well. Don't be discouraged and don't give up even when it feels like or actually is not going the way we hope it will. That is a hard thing to do, I know. It is hard to be enthusiastic when you want to eat a hamburger and fries and instead you are eating another salad, but I just keep reminding myself that one day I will be at a place in my life where I will either be able to eat a hamburger and fries on occasion or I will be at a place in my life where I won't want to. Either way, I have to view this as a positive step I am taking.

I have had some bread in the past two weeks, but only a couple of slices. I also refuse to give up going out for wings on Wednesday! A girl has to have some vice! I actually eat a plate of salad before the wings arrive and then I don't eat as many wings. Then I end the meal with another small salad.

I have learned a lot about eating and foods. Some of it has been a little frightening. When I think about processed foods now, I wonder how we survive when we eat all this garbage. I would like to tell everyone how unhealthy most of that food is.

When I shop now, I usually totally avoid the middle aisles in the grocery store. I stick with the outside aisles where the produce is and where the meats and frozen veggies are. I avoid the cereal aisle altogether. It has been fairly easy for me because I am not much of a shopper anyway, but this was a piece of advice that I found useful...stick with the outside aisles!

I will be updating the results from the April 26 weigh-in this afternoon, so watch for that. The race toward first place is tight so everyone is going to have to keep working.

I was going to say the end of the race is near, but really, it is only the end of the contest that is near. We should not give up on trying to eat healthy or healthier and continue toward our goal even if the incentive of a prize is not there. Like I have said from the beginning...the real prize is our better health! If we keep that in our minds, we are all winners!

Transformations Lifestyle System

I continue to follow the Transformation Lifestyle System. If you are interested in learning more about this, you can check my past blog entries or e-mail me and I will get you in contact with Tia.

T-Shirts

The new T-shirts are in and they are awesome! Even if you have not made it to all of the weigh-ins, stop by the news office and pick up your T-shirt.

Thought for the Day

Charles Dickens
"The sum of the whole is this: walk and be happy; walk and be healthy. The best way to lengthen out our days is to walk steadily and with a purpose."

No comments:

Post a Comment