Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day 45: Making it Happen

I have been lax in writing this blog and for that I apologize. Life and work have been busy and I have been forgetful. I used to take ginko biloba to help with my poor memory, but I kept forgetting to take it!

Weigh-in from April 12

I have not received the weigh-in results yet, but will post them probably later this afternoon when I receive them.

I stayed the same weight which for me was good because I was sure I had to have gained 5 pounds or more. I just felt so fat and bloated. I don't know what was causing the problem, but as of yesterday, I felt a lot better. I don't feel I have reached a plateau, I just think whatever was going on with my body was causing me to retain water or something... I don't feel as fat today...

Regardless of what the scale says, we are and can continue to be losers! Being a loser is not always a bad thing! Just keep that in mind and you will go far! I am not giving up hope or slacking off on my transition into a healthier lifestyle.

This week I have been making an attempt at better portion control. It is hard to do when I feel so hungry, but I have found that when I eat the healthier, low glycemic index foods that I stay full longer and am not as tempted to eat (graze) all the time.

I need to work on not eating so late at night as well. I have become accustomed to eating a snack of celery and peanut butter around 9:30 p.m. This is really too late to be eating even if it is something that may be healthy.

Transitions Lifestyle

I haven't been eating bread, rice, potatoes or pasta for the past five weeks. Some people ask me how long I won't be able to eat those things or how long I will be on that "diet?"

My response is that I can eat whatever I want, I am choosing not to eat those things because I know they are not good for me.  If I could eat them in moderation, I could eat them, but they are huge stumbling blocks for me and therefore I can "not" eat them right now.

I have been finding so many other things that I like and that fill me that it is getting easier to not crave them all of the time.

When I first began this way of life it was difficult. I felt hungry all the time and I wanted my rice! But honestly, it is getting a lot easier.  Today I even had one slice of toast and I was okay with that. Even though it was totally delicious, I didn't feel tempted to eat more.

If you are interested in learning more about the low glycemic index and the Transitions Lifestyle System, please contact me at karin@inhnews.com and I will get you the information that you want.

Parting Thoughts

Can you believe it is only a little over a month before the end of our contest? Don't give up hope now, work hard and you can be our winner. Even if you don't take first, second or third in our contest, just remember if you have been eating and living healthier, you are a winner!

Have a great day! Isn't this weather amazing? It has been awesome to see everything getting green! I love spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment