Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Day 11-17: Weigh-In Results are online

Hi Everyone!

I still have not returned to regular blogging as you may have noticed if you are following my blog. I am trying to be more faithful to writing it. It isn't that I don't have anything to say, it is just that I am finding it hard to take the time to write it.

It is kind of like exercising. I can come up with a lot of excuses for why I can't exercise. Even if one little thing is wrong, I don't do any exercising. If my toe hurts (which is has for a week now), I don't go walking because of that. But a hurting toe shouldn't keep me from doing anything. I could ride my stationary bike. I could stretch out or do modified sit-ups. I could do a whole host of things, but instead I do nothing because... "my toe hurts."

Well, I could give a whole list of excuses as to why I am not writing this blog daily, but it would just boil down to... Well... laziness.

Writing this blog takes work. Even though I have something to say, it doesn't necessarily mean it is easy to come up with the right words to say it.

It is the same way with exercising. Just because I know it will do me good, doesn't mean I want to do it.

Last week I was on a fruit and vegetable cleanse diet. I didn't especially like it, but I did find that I could eat vegetables in abundance and not gain tons of weight. I also used a product called NutriClean from Market America. It did make me feel better—the cleanse, that is. I also cut out coffee (caffeine) and have not had a soda pop in two weeks.

This week I began the Transitions Lifestyle System, also through Market America. If you want to know more about these things you can send me an e-mail and I will connect you with Tia (she was at our first weigh-in) and she can tell you more about them.

What I know so far from doing these things is that I am learning a lot. So much of it makes perfect sense and I wish I had known it years ago.

One thing I have learned is that I can eat  a meal and push away from the table feeling satisfied and full and not have eaten a bunch of junk that will pack pounds on my . . . body. LOL! This was a great thing to learn. I love food and since most "diets" tell you to cut this and don't eat that at all, I just could not envision another "diet." This is not a diet, it is a way of life that I am learning and I hope learning well.

I will share more with you as we go.

Weigh-in Results

I have posted the weigh-in results from the initial weigh-in and now after our first non-mandatory weigh-in. I was so happy to see that everyone who weighed-in either lost weight or maintained. It was encouraging to me to see that.

I was especially happy to see that I had lost 7.6 pounds. This is almost as much as I lost the first time we did Be A Loser With Karin. I believe that first year I lost 9 pounds. I know it is more than I lost last year because last year I actually gained weight. So I was very encouraged by my own personal weight loss.

As my goal is to lose 25 pounds by the end of the contest, I am excited that I have less than 20 pounds to go now!

Today, I want to encourage all of you to remember one thing...

We all get heavier as we get older,
because there's a lot more information in our heads.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment