Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 31: Another good weigh-in

Weigh-in Results

Congratulations to everyone who lost weight during our last mandatory weigh-in on Monday, March 29. Nearly everyone lost weight again this time. You should be proud of yourselves and the work you are doing to better your health.

I have to tell you I am very pleased with the 11.8 pounds I have lost in the past month. Although a friend of mine mentioned yesterday that she had found it! It hasn't been easy, but then again, it hasn't been too hard either. I have been changing the way I eat and that is never easy. I have added in a lot of vegetables and low glycemic index foods. I am also taking some vitamins.

Honestly, I feel better and I feel thinner. I still look in the mirror and see me, but inside (where the internal critic lives and works her evil deeds) I feel better and thinner. I can envision myself as a thinner person who can wear size 2x comfortably. I can envision myself as a thinner person who can comfortably fit into size 22 jeans. I say comfortably because I have been shoving my girth into those sizes for a while and it is not always comfortable.

I invested some money yesterday in a nice exercise bike and in a WII fit board and WII fit workout. I have used the bike twice now, but have not opened the WII fit yet.

About the bike

It was kind of funny. I rode the bike for five minutes and had pretty well worn myself out (that's not funny, that's sad). The funny part came a few minutes later when I was reading the instruction manual. It said that the bike should not be used by people who weigh over 250 pounds. I laughed and told my friend, "Well, after I lose another 12 pounds I can start using the exercise bike!"

I used the bike again this morning anyway and rode at a nice pace of about 13 miles per hour for 10 minutes. I rode approximately 2 miles according to the odometer. I thought that was nice. I was tired and my legs hurt a little, but I felt like I had accomplished something.

Transitions Lifestyle System

I have been following a low glycemic index approach to weight loss following the Transitions Lifestyle System. This is especially helpful because I suffer from diabetes and eating these types of food will help control my blood sugar levels because they don't cause a blood sugar spike from certain other foods. A food that is high in carbs does not necessarily have a high glycemic index which is important to note because you don't have to cut out everything you love to eat to eat healthier.

If you want to know more about low glycemic index foods and the Transitions Lifestyle System, please send me an e-mail and I will get you in contact with Tia. E-mail me at: karin@inhnews.com.

Check with your doctor

I am usually pretty lax in contacting my doctor about things, but I did talk to her about the diet I was on, about the cleanse before I did it and about the exercise bike. She encouraged me with the proper eating I was doing and encouraged me to go slowly with the exercise until I was more conditioned.

It is important to check with your physician to make sure what level of exercise you can take part in. If you are trying a diet of any sort, you should also check with your doctor to make sure you cover the pros and cons of your plan.

Parting Thoughts

Have a good day. Get out there and do something. It is hard to believe it is March what with the 70 degree weather. Take advantage of it.

Watch for my "Take a Walk With Karin" videos to start appearing online soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment