Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 18: It's not always easy

As I write this blog this evening I can tell you that today, or actually, this evening was difficult for me. I was hungry! Finally I broke down and had about 10 radishes!

Well, I guess at the very least I went for the better alternative!

It was a busy day today and tomorrow looks like it will be just as busy if not busier. It is on days that are busy that we have to especially watch how we eat. It would be so easy to just grab a bag of chips or something quick like that and chow down on that. Easier, but not healthier.

Our goal in becoming healthier always needs to be at the forefront of our thinking. It was having that in my mind that prevented me from sneaking a candy bar or other not so good for me thing and choosing the radishes and herbal tea instead.

Now I am having a snack of a cucumber. I am liking the cucumbers and other veggies, more than I did before anyway.

Looking at them as a way of not only getting my weight under control, but also my diabetes, I am more excited about them than I have been in the past. I know veggies alone won't take care of the problem with my weight, but they are a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment