Monday, March 22, 2010

Day 19-22: Boredom can cause problems

This weekend was hard on me and my attempts at healthy eating. I don't know if I was bored or what. All I know is that I wanted to eat. I wanted to eat everything in sight! I was HUNGRY! Nothing seemed to satisfy my hunger. I wanted food and a lot of it. I don't especially like pizza, but I wanted an ENTIRE PIZZA!

I was busy enough this weekend, so I am not sure if boredom was the culprit or not. All I know is that it was very difficult to not pig-out. I didn't do it, but I sure wanted to.

When I quit smoking I went through periods when I really wanted and was sure I NEEDED a cigarette. I would have even smoked a cigar I was feeling so desperate. I didn't fall to the desire to smoke and for that I am glad. I know that if I even snuck one drag I would start smoking again. Sometimes I do miss it. I don't miss how it made me feel as far as my breathing goes, but ...

Anyway, I didn't pig-out and I didn't make an unhealthy eating choice. I stuck with my vegetables and lean meat including fish for lunch, but I really wanted that pizza!

I continued to be hungry well into the the afternoon and evening on Sunday. I wanted something more!

I finally chose an apple and a couple of dill pickles. I wanted a huge buttery and salty bowl of popcorn!

My accountability partner has been really helping me. She sends me daily encouragement! I, on the other hand, am not so good at encouraging her in return. I am trying, but like Yoda said, "Do or do not. There is no try." (Rough quotation.)

Watch for my walking video to start soon. In the meantime, keep active and eat healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment